Guideline to use to maximize the benefits of drinking water
Did you know that drinking water daily benefits your health? Drinking pure, clean water does much to keep your body running smoothly and helps protect your health. The benefits of drinking water has positive maximum effects on your body and health if you follow this guideline:
- Drink water when you first get up: Have a glass of cool water right as soon as you wake up in the morning – this tells your body it’s time to get started. Your circulatory system needs fluid to get rid of stubborn free radicals and residue from burned calories that were used during the night’s metabolism.
- Drink water before each meal: Water helps prepare the stomach for the food that will follow, waking up the taste buds on the tongue and moisturizing the stomach lining.
- Drink water as a snack: If you feel hungry between meals, try some fresh drinking water first to see if you are dehydrated. Sometimes people think they are hungry when they really are just thirsty.
- Drink water before exercising: This will protect you against dehydration during an indoor or outdoor workout.
- Drink water after exercising: This will replace fluids lost by sweating during your workout.
- Drink water with your medication: Water helps to dissolve the medication and spread it throughout your digestive organs for rapid absorption. Water also prepares the tissues to receive the medication and put it to work right away.
- Drink water to prevent illness following exposures: If you are around sick people in the hospital or at work, drink a little more water than usual to wash away germs and viruses that your body may have picked up. A well-hydrated body helps to move along any invaders before they settle down and multiply in your system.
- Drink more water when you are ill: This old fashioned advice is timeless.
- Drink a glass of water when you are tired: If you feel tired or fatigued and are unable to take a nap, drink a glass of cold water – this will wakeup your body and keep you alert.
Your goal should be to drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water each and every day!