what to know about h2o
Guideline to use to maximize the benefits of drinking water
Did you know that drinking water daily benefits your health? Drinking pure,
clean water does much to keep your body running smoothly and helps protect
your health. The benefits of drinking water has positive maximum effects on
your body and health if you follow this guideline:
• Drink water when you first get up: Have a glass of cool water right as
soon as you wake up in the morning – this tells your body it’s time to get
started. Your circulatory system needs fluid to get rid of stubborn free
radicals and residue from burned calories that were used during the
• Drink water before each meal: Water helps prepare the stomach for
the food that will follow, waking up the taste buds on the tongue and
moisturizing the stomach lining.
• Drink water as a snack: If you feel hungry between meals, try some
fresh drinking water first to see if you are dehydrated. Sometimes
people think they are hungry when they really are just thirsty.
• Drink water before exercising: This will protect you against
dehydration during an indoor or outdoor workout.
• Drink water after exercising: This will replace fluids lost by sweating
during your workout.
• Drink water with your medication: Water helps to dissolve the
medication and spread it throughout your digestive organs for rapid
absorption. Water also prepares the tissues to receive the medication
and put it to work right away.
• Drink water to prevent illness following exposures: If you are
around sick people in the hospital or at work, drink a little more water
than usual to wash away germs and viruses that your body may have
picked up. A well-hydrated body helps to move along any invaders
before they settle down and multiply in your system.
• Drink more water when you are ill: This old fashioned advice is
• Drink a glass of water when you are tired: If you feel tired or fatigued
and are unable to take a nap, drink a glass of cold water – this will wake
up your body and keep you alert.
Your goal should be to drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water each and every day!